Friday, July 6, 2012

Prachi Desai says Outsiders not welcome in Bollywood


Buzz Bureau
Mumbai, July 6, 2012

Prachi Desai is one of the few outsiders who have managed to make it big in filmdom. But the actress, who hopes to do 25 films in future, says it is not so easy for such people to get first break in Bollywood.

"I feel that the industry can be unfair sometimes. When you are an outsider, people don’t take you seriously. I personally think you need an extreme push for people to promote you and bring you to a certain level," the 23-year-old said.

Seen here promoting Neutrogena products at High Street Phoenix mall in Mumbai


The young actress, who started her career as the lead in TV show 'Kasamh Se', made her Bollywood debut opposite Farhan Akhtar in 'Rock On!!'. She was then seen in 'OnceUpon A Time In Mumbaai', in which she was paired with Emraan Hashmi, and also was in the cast of recently released 'Teri Meri Kahaani'.

Seen here at an event organized to celebrate World Environment Day in Mumbai.



Her next is Rohit Shetty's 'BolBachchan'. Coming out Friday, the comedy will see her playing Ajay Devgn's sister who is an educated and modern girl. The film also stars Abhishek Bachchan and Asin Thottumkal in major roles.

Seen here promoting her new film ‘Bol Bachchan’ alongwith the rest of the star cast which includes Abhishek Bachchan, Ajay Devgn and Asin at the sets of television show of ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashmah’ in Andheri, Mumbai.



Prachi says it is important for an actor to be ambitious.

"Every actor has to be ambitious, otherwise you can't survive in the industry. Every small little thing can completely bog you down. I am ambitious, but I am not over-ambitious. I know things that I can do and things that I can't. I am hoping for this year to be a great year," she said.

Prachi Desai at the launch of the Citizen L Diamond watches in Mumbai.


As far as future projects are concerned, Prachi has teamed up with John Abraham in debutant director Kapil Sharma's 'I Me Aur Mein'.

When asked where she sees herself five years from now, she said: "Five years down the line, I hope that I do at least 25 films. I would love to work with Farhan as a director. He is also one of my favourite directors because of 'Dil Chahta Hai'. I want to work with Rohit Shetty again. I am hoping to do a film with Ajay (Devgn) because I haven't been paired with him."

Prachi Desai with actress Dia Mirza at P&G Mom's day event at Bandra in Mumbai.




Text and Photo Courtesy: IANS

Do you see a great career ahead for Prachi Desai in Bollywood?

You may also be interested in:

2 comments:

  1. Indeed a very nice post and I am a devoted orthodontist reader at Las Vegas.Your post is really very valuable. Thanks for sharing. keep upI should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things......

    ReplyDelete